Some of you will head to Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Rhode Island, New York, Michigan and Canada. There are a few of you who leave your cars here and fly home, but there are more of you who take a few days and make a road trip out of it.
If this is the first year you are doing this, we want to help.
- The first thing to do is call Riverside Cleaning Services and have us come out each month, or week or every couple of weeks and check up on your house. If you read through my blog, you will see some horror stories from people who have closed the front door and driven away for the summer. Only to come back to water damage, or a house full of mold, or worse, to find strangers living in your home!!
- After you make an appointment to hire Riverside Cleaning Services to manage your home while you are away, there are a few other things you might want to do.
- If you have a regular mechanic, take your car in for a service. Get the oil changed, the belts checked, the fluid levels and antifreeze levels.
- Check your tire pressure, is your batter properly charged, if there is any doubt, replace it.
- Pack a charger for your phone, you don’t want to be stuck in the middle of no where and not have any way to call for help.
- Pack some snacks, plenty of water, juice bottle and some wipes.
- Make sure to get refills on any prescriptions. The trip be for a few days, but in case something happens, you don’t want to run our of any medications you are required to take.
- Pack some Advil, or Alleve or Tylenol, Pepto Bismol and Benadryl.
- Make sure to discontinue mail service, and leave lights on timers.
And, don’t forget to tell your Insurance Agent that you have headed home for the summer!!